Recent Commercial Posts
Commercial Water Damage
This photo was taken at a recent commercial water damage.
No one wants to discover water or fire damage on a Monday morning. Unfortunately, a commercial facility is more likely to have a larger, more significant damage than a residential home. This is not only because of the facility's size, but it is also because commercial facilities generally have longer periods without anyone there (i.e. overnight, weekends, holidays). Because of this, it is important to have a plan in place in case a disaster does happen.
Call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg
Did you know that we do commercial damage restoration? We know the stress and anxiety that water or fire damage can bring to your business. At SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, we are dedicated to limiting your business interruption by being faster to any size disaster. We can be on-site within a few hours to help reduce future damage water can cause. We have the right equipment, procedures and training to help ensure the structure is clean & dry the first time, saving you time and money.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration Facts
In the restoration industry, there is more than meets the eye when it comes to water and the havoc it can wreak.
Water Restoration Facts
- A sheet of drywall standing upright in 1/2" of water can absorb as much as 6 inches in less than 3 hours.
- Water is known as a "universal solvent" because it dissolves more substances than any other liquid.
- Mold typically begins to grow within 24 to 48 hours in an untreated, moist environment.
- A puddle of water around a water heater indicates a slow leak, or rusted or corroded fittings. Act quickly as water heaters are under a great deal of water pressure.
Water Contamination Categories in the Restoration Industry
- Category One-Water from a clean source that poses no risk of sickness or discomfort such as from an overflowing bathtub or from a broken water supply pipe.
- Category Two-Water that has a significant degree of chemical, biological and/or physical contamination such as water from a dishwasher or washer, or aquarium leak or discharged Category One water that sits untreated for more than 24 hours becomes a Category Two.
- Category Three- Water coming from a grossly unsanitary source or carrying disease causing agents such as releases from septic systems and flood waters or discharged Category One water that sits for more than 48 hours becomes Category Three, or discharged Category Two water that sits for more than 24 hours becomes Category Three.
The use of chemical agents that act as biocides may be used when there is a need to control or destroy pathogenic microorganisms during a restoration project. The EPA defines three levels of biocidal activity:
- Sanitizers which are designed to reduce the number of microorganisms
- Disinfectants which are designed to destroy or inhibit the growth, but not necessarily the spores.
- Sterilizers which are designed to destroy all microorganisms and their spores, such as mold, bacteria, viruses, etc.
Have commercial water damage questions? Call 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Sprinkler systems can be a common source of water damage in commercial facilities. While their benefits far outweigh their cons, both properly and improperly working sprinkler systems can contribute to a flooded facility. In this case, a fire in an adjacent building caused the sprinkler system in this building to go off over the weekend. The sprinkler shut-off was eventually found but not until the damage had affected 36,000 sq ft of the facility. If this was your facility, what would you do?
Choose a Trained Professional
When your facility is affected, it is important to call a commercial drying specialist such as SERVPRO of Hattiesburg. At SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, we understand that every hour closed leads to an hour lost of productivity and potential revenue. Commercial damage restoration produces unique challenges so it is very important to choose a trained professional with a proven track record.
At SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, we will respond immediately to your damage regardless of size or scope. When your facility is affected, no job is too big or too small.
If your find yourself in this situation, call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg.
Restoring Commercial Property
Flooding and water damage events at Hattiesburg commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Hattiesburg
SERVPRO of Hattiesburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Advanced Technologies and Techniques
When unwelcome water finds its way into your business, you know you want it gone. Fast. You want to avoid mold, odors, and all the other problems that come with lingering water in all the wrong spaces. This is when you call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg!
The question is… “How do I know for sure if my commercial building is completely dry?”
The answer is THERMAL IMAGING CAMERAS. SERVPRO of Hattiesburg utilizes these special cameras to identify moisture by detecting temperature differentials. This provides a visual map of where our trained technicians need to look to confirm the presence of moisture or water damage with a moisture meter.
Our SERVPRO of Hattiesburg technicians have been trained and are experienced in using Infrared Thermal Imagining. This allows our team to quickly assess walls, ceilings and other building material for active moisture… especially in those “hard to reach” areas that could otherwise be easily overlooked. Using Infrared Thermal Imaging technology ensures you receive most comprehensive and thorough assessment available. For any commercial loss call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, 24 hours a day 7 days a week!
Advanced Technologies and Techniques: Part 2
The past few decades has seen a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow SERVPRO of Hattiesburg Professionals to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning. The IICRC S500 Water Damage Guide is a specific set of practical standards that incorporate the field of psychometry, which involves the manipulation of temperature and relative humidity to remove moisture and dry a property quickly and effectively.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.